- The State Council decides to establish 7 pilot free trade zones in Liaoning, Zhejiang, Henan, Hubei, Chongqing, Sichuan and Shaanxi provinces: Xinhua News Agency
- Xu Shaoshi, the director of the National Development and Reform Commission, said that China would be capable of accomplishing its major economic targets, even though arduous efforts will be needed to realize goals set for investment and foreign trade sector: CCTV
- Five favorable policies such as fees and taxes cuts comes into effect today in a bid to back up foreign trade companies: FINTS
- The World Bank on Wednesday issued three-year 500 million SDR (special drawing rights)- dominated bonds in China’s interbank market: FINTS
- As of June 30, China’s four biggest commercial lenders were downsized by 25,000 employees in total, amid overall reductions in salary and benefits at different levels: Caixin
- Starting from today, China’s second-tier city Wuhan begins to limit loans for buying the second housing in the city and increase its down payment to 40%: FINTS
- Fosun is in talks to acquire a stake in Russian investment bank Renaissance Capital, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters
- Huawei, the world’s largest telecommunications equipment supplier, expects to build a $10-billion-a-year-business in cloud computing infrastructure and services by 2020 to tap rising global demand: SCMP
- BOC Aviation, Asia’s largest aircraft leasing firm and also a subsidiary of the Bank of China said it has ordered five new Airbus A321-200 aircrafts in one of its biggest deals this year as demand for air travel in the region continues to grow despite economic headwinds: SCMP
- Chinese tech giant Xiaomi launch a new robot vacuum cleaner with a price tag of 1,699 yuan to rival iRobot’s Roomba: SCMP
China August official manufacture and non-manufacturing PMI figures are due for release today; previous figures of July are 49.9 and 53.9 respectively.
China July Caixin Manufacturing PMI figure are also set to be announced today and the consensus estimate is 50.6, slightly down from 50.1 in July.