- Online sales of packaged foods, alcoholic drinks and personal care products in China are expected to continue growing, thanks to a key demographic that is relying more on e-commerce for their daily necessities, according to a survey by OC&C: SCMP
- The output pf China National Offshore Oil Corp, the country’s biggest offshore oil and gas producer, fell 7.7% YoY to 117.7 million barrels of oil equivalent during the third quarter: FINTS
- At the end of September, total onshore assets of China’s banking financial institutions amounted to 217.3 trillion yuan, up 15.7% YoY, while total liabilities reached 200.4 trillion yuan, an increase of 15.5% YoY: CBRC
- China is set to be a key player in future innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence and big data: UBS
- China’s Third-quarter color TV sales grew by 8.9% YoY to approximately 12 million sets: FINTS
- Wang Jianlin, China’s richest man and chairman of Dalian Wanda who builds his own theme parks to contend with Disneyland in mainland China, visited Shanghai Disneyland yesterday for observation and study: FINTS
- Hong Kong’s richest man Li Ka-shing sold a Shanghai office and retail complex to a subsidiary of China Life Insurance for 20 billion yuan: FINTS
A monthly report is expected to be published by SWIFT today on the yuan’s share in world payments in September; previous number for August is 1.86%.
Profits figures concerning industrial enterprises above designated sizes are also expected to be released today.