- Shenzhen – Hong Kong Stock Connect should be launched at the right timing, said Jiang Yang, vice chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission.
- A man hurled homemade explosives at Shanghai Pudong International Airport on Sunday afternoon at about 2:20pm, injuring four others, and then attempted suicide, according to the Weibo account of Shanghai Public Security Bureau. Flights were not affected, the Shanghai Airport Authority said on its Weibo account.
- PBoC is drafting specialized planning for financial sector under China’s 13th Five Year Plan.
- China May actual use of foreign capital (FDI) totaled 56.77 billion yuan, representing a drop of 1% YoY; the amount of FDI for the first five months added up to 343.55 billion yuan, gaining 3.8% YoY: Ministry of Commerce.
- Administrative means should not be used to force financial institutions to support real economy: Bai Zhongen, a member of Monetary Policy Committee of PBoC
- 20 government ministries and commissions together launch the third batch of public-private projects application.
- Vanke is expected to put forward its restructuring proposal before June 18 and resume A-share trading in early July.
- Shanghai Insurance Exchange officially opened for business yesterday.
- Zhou Xiaochuan, China’s central bank governor, has been absent from two important meetings this month.
YoY growth ratios in May are due to release today: industrial added value of enterprises above designated size, total retail sales of consumer goods, and urban fixed-asset investments